Creating a Twitter Chatbot
There are many types of chatbots for Twitter. In this article we will talk about how to create a Twitter chatbot that helps us to interact with our audience through direct messages. A person on Twitter will be able to contact our customer service system or our support team, for example, through DMs and we will be able to provide information to all the information through this medium. Specifically, in this article we will see how to create a chatbot that allows us to send direct messages to all those people who have authorized it.
The Tweet Binder – Audiense Chatbot
Tweet Binder, as part of the Audiense family, offers the possibility of adding a Chatbot to a Twitter account. It is a very cool feature that will help us reach all those people that want to be reached via DMs. The tool we will use to create the Chatbot will be Audiense Connect, the sister tool of Tweet Binder and that has very cool features we can use to make an effective Twitter Marketing strategy.
How to create a Chatbot for Twitter in 9 steps
The Chatbot we will create in this article will be use to deliver content to your subscribers. It is just like a Newsletter inside Twitter. To create a Twitter chatbot you just have to follow these simple steps, you will need an Audiense Connect PRO account:
- Access our Audiense Connect account https://dashboard.audiense.com/ and click on Engagement -> Chatbot in the top menu
- Click on “Create new chatbot”
- Choose the “Opt-in chatbot” option
- Choose the account you want to associate the chatbot with, it should be one of your owned Twitter accounts. Then click “next”
- The system will check if your account is correctly configured, just click “check my settings” and then “next”
- The next step is crucial because it will be the message Twitter users will see when accessing your DM section on Twitter. Write a attractive message people can engage with. By default, Audiense Connect will suggest this one “Welcome to my account! Please click below to subscribe to my latest updates and start receiving timely and relevant DM.” Click “next”.
- This step is also very important because you will configure what message your users will see when Opting-in. Choose:
- The button label
- The button description
- And the confirmation message they will get once authorized you to receive DMs After this, click next
- Then you must also set a way for users to opt-out using the same procedure than the previous point.
- Launch your Twitter Bot, you are ready now!
Once the Chatbot is created, it will look like this before clicking “opt-in”:
And this is after:
How to use your Twitter Chatbot to send a broadcast
Once you have the chatbot installed and configured, you can start getting subscribers with the aim of generating a database to which you can send “broadcasts” and communicate product news, your band’s tour or any other topic of interest. To create our first broadcast we’ll go to the chatbots page and we will see our chatbot:
So, after clicking on broadcast you must follow these steps:
- Click on “create new broadcast”
- Choose a name for your broadcast
- Choose the topic, the one we create in the previous steps
- Write the message you want to deliver
This is like having a Newsletter system in Twitter.
Why it is important to have a Twitter Chatbot in your Twitter strategy
Having a Twitter chatbot as part of your Twitter strategy can be beneficial for several reasons:
- 24/7 Availability: A chatbot can provide instant responses and engage with your audience at any time of the day, even when you’re not available. This ensures that your followers receive timely assistance and information, leading to better customer satisfaction. Besides, they can be highly precise. They’re capable of getting trained through LLM fine-tuning phases, which enables them to collect large amounts of information and respond with more precision.
- Efficient Customer Service: Twitter chatbots can handle a significant volume of inquiries simultaneously and enhance customer service. By automating responses to common questions, they can reduce the workload of your customer service team, allowing them to focus on more complex issues. Quick and accurate responses from the chatbot can enhance the overall customer experience.
- Scalability: As your Twitter following grows, it becomes challenging to individually address every message or mention. A chatbot can efficiently scale your interactions by handling repetitive queries, FAQs, and general information requests, freeing up human resources for personalized interactions.
- Consistent Brand Voice: A chatbot can be programmed to reflect your brand’s tone, style, and values consistently. This ensures that every interaction aligns with your brand identity, providing a cohesive experience for your followers.
- Data Collection and Insights: Chatbots can collect valuable data about user interactions, preferences, and frequently asked questions. By analyzing this data, you can gain insights into customer behavior, identify patterns, and make informed decisions to improve your overall Twitter strategy and customer engagement. Additionally, employing DMARC quarantine can help ensure the security of your email communications, enhancing your data collection through chatbots for a comprehensive customer engagement strategy on Twitter.
- Lead Generation and Sales Support: Twitter chatbots can assist in lead generation by capturing user information, qualifying leads, and guiding users through the sales funnel. They can provide product recommendations, offer personalized discounts or promotions, and direct users to relevant resources or landing pages.
- Increased Engagement: A well-designed chatbot can initiate conversations, ask questions, and encourage users to engage with your brand. By providing interactive experiences, quizzes, or contests, chatbots can drive higher engagement rates and increase the time users spend interacting with your brand on Twitter.
- Streamlined Content Distribution: Chatbots can automatically share your latest blog posts, articles, updates, or promotional content with your followers. This ensures that your audience is consistently informed and engaged with your brand’s latest offerings.
Remember, while chatbots can automate certain aspects of your Twitter strategy, it’s important to find the right balance between automation and human interaction. Some interactions may require the involvement of a human representative to provide personalized assistance or handle complex queries.
Javier is the founder and CEO at TweetBinder. With more than 10 years of experience in Twitter Analytics space, he is on the mission to build best-in-class Twitter marketing tools helping X community to thrive.