The perfect mix for an electoral night with hashtag monitoring
Press, radio or Television used to be essential to know what was happening related to Politics. Twitter has proven today to be the perfect tool to track and share the latest.
So perfect combinations arise for tracking relevant issues in a comprehensive manner. An example was given yesterday in the coverage of Catalonia’s Election where RTVE included in his great display set a huge screen where they supplemented the information with data from Twitter in real time on Television.
What advantages does include hashtag monitoring analytics on TV?
– Knowing what people think based on what they share
– Check which candidatures are most active and what type of content they tweet
– Know which candidates receive more mentions and why
– Analyze and compare campaign’s hashtags with Election Day’s one
– Detect new trends and hashtags not predicted or that emerge with at the time
– To perform rankings per number of tweets, mentions, impact …
– See how many people are tweeting about the topics
– To complement the information
– And above all, it allows us to anticipate or guess the outcome.
Thanks to ISDI that trusted on us, that’s what we were able to design and perform and show. We analyzed all the candidate, candidatures, hashtag monitoring… And with over 220,000 tweets it was a very complete way to cover a huge event: real time analysis, tv and politics.