When doing a Twitter or an Instagram analysis we may find ourselves with such a big amount of stats that we do not know where to start. Hashtag metrics can be a little bit confusing if we do not know where to start looking. We are not only speaking about the quantitative stats, but also about a hashtag sentiment analysis. But lets go step by step.
If you want to know the activity of a hashtag has had on Twitter, the first thing you have to do is go to www.tweetbinder.com and type the term you want to track. After doing this, you will run into a complete report on the hashtag/term/keyword/account you want to track. Our advanced report provides very complete insights on how the hashtag has behaved on Twitter.
Let’s use as an example the hashtag #VBxEsteeLauder:
- 673 tweets: This number includes all the text tweets, RTs, replies, links and pictures the hashtag has received.
- 112,140,963 Potential impacts: This stands for the potential number of times somebody could have seen the hashtag.
- 13,321,761 Potential reach: Meaning the number of unique users that could have seen the hashtag
- 432 contributors have participated with the hashtag
- Those contributors have on average 30,837 followers
- Also, those contributors have sent on average 1.56 tweets each
- 2 tweets were sent via Instagram
Tweet Binder provides a wide range of rankings and, depending on the kind of actions you are analyzing, ones may be more useful than others.
For example, if you want to identify the most relevant users that have tweeted with your hashtag, you may want to give a look to the most popular ranking. Also, the ranking of the users that have had a highest impact can be interesting as well. The difference between those two rankings is that the first one counts the users and the second one multiplies the number of followers with the number of posts sent by the user.
On the other hand, if want you are looking for is to reward those users that have tweeted the most, you will have to look to the first three rankings:
- Most active: Counts tweets and Retweets
- Retweeters: Just counts the RTs sent by the users
- Original tweets: Count the tweets (not the RTs) sent by the user.
Event though our online reports provide rankings of 10 users, with the excel exportation of the report you will obtain a complete list of contributors were you can sort them by impact, reach, activity and much more.
Top 10 related hashtags
It is important to know what do users relate to your brand, that’s why we created the top 10 hashtags ranking. This analyzes every tweet and sees which are the most mentioned hashtag among all those. This way, you gain insights on what your customers think and which thing they associate with your campaign.
If you are looking into hashtag metrics for Twitter or Instagram and you end up having trouble reading them, you can always contact us. We could schedule a quick skype call were we would solve your questions related to Social Media stats.